For a behind-the-scenes look into how one of the most successful producers in Las Vegas got his start and continues to expand his presence in Las Vegas, this episode of Talktails features producer David Saxe. Show notes:
- Rapture = no more Oprah
- Chris is seen on the Billboard Awards
- Producer David Saxe
- Gotta love a guest who brings his own champagne (and shares!)
- Nothing like a Crown Royal with a champagne back
- First production gig (at 17-year-old): sister (Melinda, First Lady of Magic)
- People who buy tickets may not like Duran Duran
- Focusing on Vegas
- V Theater – first at the Venetian
- “Just the acts, that’s what I wanted”
- Buying my own theater
- How does somebody produce a show?
- More info on Four-Wall deals (the history and why it’s happening now)
- Oscar Goodman
- Starting the Saxe Theater
- What Vegas is missing
- Vegas, The Show
- You know within 3 seconds. . .
- Attitude and work ethic is the key
- Tips for new acts
- What the most successful shows have in common
- Don’t panic
- A preview of things to come. . .
- Know a good GM?
- The business idea behind comps
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, visit the live show at 4PM Pacific every Monday or send an email to [email protected].